Wasat is at 18°31′ Cancer with an orb of 1°40′
The Sun joins Wasat on July 10
Fixed star Wasat, Delta Geminorum, is a 3.5 magnitude pale white and purple double star on the right elbow of Castor, the Northern Twin of Gemini Constellation. The tradition name Wasat comes from an Arabic word that means Middle. Pluto was discovered conjunct Wasat on 18 February 1930 by Clyde Tombaugh.
14 ♋ 05
14 ♋ 58
18 ♋ 31
19 ♋ 01
20 ♋ 14
Wasat Star Astrology
Fixed star Wasat is of the nature of Saturn. Connected with chemicals, poisons and gas. Violence, malevolence, destructiveness as a first principal. 
Al Wasat, δ Geminorum, is in the waist area of the Twins, the name meaning just that: the Middle. Ptolemy makes a Saturn type of it, so we should expect serious meaning here. It is well within the orb of influence of Castor, and visa-versa, and so adds its Saturnine weight to that star, helping to account for the heaviness and tendency to pessimism found in people with 18 – 20° of Cancer Sign active in their charts. Apart from that however, Al Wasat does show up a quality of being able to speak with clear authority when others are waffling and prominence in public affairs or management is often the result. 
Wasat rules the right side below the breast in the human body. 
Constellation Gemini is said to cause trouble and disgrace, sickness, loss of fortune, affliction and danger to the knees. 
Astrologers assigned to this constellation guardianship over human hands, arms, and shoulders; while Albumasar held that it portended intense devotion, genius, largeness of mind, goodness, and liberality. Considered the House of Mercury and a fortunate sign. Chinese astrologers asserted that if this constellation were invaded by Mars, war and a poor harvest would ensue. 
Wasat Star Conjunctions
Ascendant conjunct Wasat: Partnership and compromise. These three guys had Wasat conjunct Ascendant:
- Rudolf Hess did have a very close partnership with Adolf Hitler. However he went behind his back in the interests of peace. Flying to Scotland, he “took it on his own to attempt negotiations with England on behalf of Germany. He believed that he was obeying supernatural powers and had a mission to end the war.”
- Jerry Lewis was one half of the famous duo act with Dean Martin that touched the hearts of millions. When his relationships with Martin ended bitterly, the two did not speak to each other for some 20 years.
- George Michael was one half of WHAM!, Britain’s most successful pop duo of the ’80s. So the Gemini myth written in the stars certainly seems to manifest in real life down on here on Earth. This star which joins the twins, the “middle”, has an effect which builds bridges, forms alliances and treaties, and leads to peace more than war. There is also separation involved, as shown in the events with colonial powers moving out of occupied countries. Hopefully a good omen for the last half of 2010.
Mars Conjunct Wasat: This position affects the health. It affects family ties by bringing much anger towards parents who can be loving and nurturing. These persons lash out at those who attempt to mother them, as they definitely do not wish to be mothered but only to express pure ego. This could be the teenager who strikes a parent because they did not get what they wanted. As husbands, they physically harm their wives. Even as females, they can harm a mother or weaker husband. To get along with these persons, all that is necessary is to never offer them assistance or attempt to nurture them. Their hostile energy tends to inflame the stomach, bringing about fevers there so that they cannot eat for a day or two. Peppermint or spearmint tea would be very helpful in cooling down this energy. 
Saturn conjunct Wasat: These individuals isolate themselves from their parents through their own choice. As a child, they isolate themselves by locking themselves in their own bedroom. They wish to stay away from nurturing energies for the reason that they do not feel any warmth or affection towards their parents. They do not know why – they just know that they do not have any feelings for their parents. The tendency here is to remain unmarried and away from a nurturing relationship.
These persons are unable to cry. There is a restriction in the fluids around they eyes. They do not reach any type of emotional sensitivity that would bring out tears. 
Wasat Star in Mundane Astrology
I’ve looked at some natal charts and found some justification for these interpretations. However looking at mundane events, I have found some most interesting, and more positive associations with the story of constellation Gemini. These themes are of cooperation, bridge building, and compromise. All Mercury Venus attributes associated with close partners, whether friend or foe. Finding the “middle” ground.
Pluto was discovered when conjunct Wasat in 1930, and Hiroshima was nuked when Saturn was on Wasat in 1945. These events show the darker side as described by Robson and Morse, but that nuclear attack did bring an end to conflict, and now America and Japan are close allies. Here are some other events which when outer planets were last conjunct Wasat:
Pluto conjunct Wasat (1928-30)
- Pan Am’s first ever flight (Key West to Havana).
- Holland Tunnel opened linking New Jersey and New York city.
- USA pulled troops out of China.
- Italy and Ethiopia signed the Italo-Ethiopian Treaty.
- The Kellogg-Briand Pact was signed, the first ever treaty outlawing aggressive war.
- The USA brokered an end to the Cristero War in Mexico.
- Mohandas Gandhi started the passive resistance of the Salt March.
- The London Naval Treaty was signed by the UK, USA and Japan, limiting naval buildups.
- France pulled out of the Rhineland.
Uranus conjunct Wasat (1953-54)
- The first European Parliament opened.
- Work began on the United Nations building in New York
- Eisenhower flew to Korea to try and end the Korean War.
- The first successful separation of Siamese twins occurred in Cleveland.
Saturn conjunct Wasat (1945-46)
- Hiroshima atomic bombing ending WWII.
- United nations Charter ratified by USA.
- British troops withdrew from Iran.
- Britain promised independence to India.
- USSR and Switzerland resumed diplomatic relationships.
- Jordan gained independence from Britain.
- The Malayan Union was formed.
- Singapore became a Crown Colony.
Saturn conjunct Wasat (1974-75)
- The Suez Canal opened for the first time since the Six Day War.
- The UK voted yes in a referendum to stay in the European Community.
- The African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP) was created.
- Egypt declared full independence from Britain.
Saturn conjunct Wasat (2004)
- The Old Bridge of Mostar was reconstructed after being destroyed in the 1993 war.
- 100,000 Israeli’s formed a 90 km human chain from Gush Katif to the Western Wall to protest disengagement plans.
- Barack Obama delivered his keynote speech at the Democrat convention.
1. Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology, Vivian E. Robson, 1923, p.46, 216.
2. Fixed Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.39.
3. The Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse, 1988, p.45.
4. The Fixed Star Health and Behavior Imbalance, Ted George and Barbara Parker, 1985, p.49.
* All fixed star positions are for the year 2000. Add one degree per 72 years to correct for precession.